Gout is one form of arthritis that can be extremely painful and can be incapacitating. However, gout is treatable in most patients. Identifying gout symptoms early can help curb the complications. Let’s take a closer look at what gout is what its risk factors are and find out the most suitable and long-lasting treatment for gout.
What is Gout?
Gout is a common form of arthritis characterized by severe pain, swelling, tenderness and redness in the joints, most commonly affecting the base of the big toe. The attack of gout can be sudden, often making you wake up in the nights owing to the sensation in the big toe as if it is on fire. It is caused when the urate crystals start accumulating in the joints owing to the raised uric acid levels in the blood.
What are the risk factors of Gout?
Gout occurs when the uric acid levels rise in the blood. There are several factors that may raise uric acid in your body, namely:
- Diet – A diet rich in seafood and drinking sweetened beverages may raise uric acid levels in the body.
- Obesity – Obese people tend to have more uric acid as your kidneys might have difficulty in eliminating uric acid.
- Medical Conditions – Certain medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome may increase levels of uric acid in the blood.
- Certain Medications – Thiazide diuretics and low dose aspirin like drugs raise the levels of uric acid in the blood.
- Age and Sex – Gout occurs more commonly in men rather than women. However, after menopause, the uric acid levels in women may approach as those of men.
- Family history of gout – A person with a family history of gout is more likely to develop the disease.
Which is the most long lasting treatment for Gout?
For those looking out for long-lasting and highly effective treatment, Homeopathy is the best treatment for you. Homeopathic treatment for gouty arthritis not just eliminates future risk factors for arthritis but controls pain, stiffness in the joints and makes the treatment long-lasting and free of any side effects. At Homeocare International, Constitutional Homeopathy works by controlling as well as stabilizing the levels of uric acid and making the treatment individualized as per your needs. Know more about Homeopathy treatment for Gout by clicking on the link here.